Another week closer to Christmas! All the children are working hard to learn their new phonemes and graphemes. The English language makes it really difficult as there are so many different ways to make the same sound.
They have learnt:
- e-e as in these
- ew as in chew
- ie as in shield
- aw as in claw
Next week we will ‘Grow the Code’ – as you can see below, it’s getting tricky!
- fried, time, child and light all have a different way of making the /igh/ sound
- acorn, make, tray and train all have a different way of making the /ay/ sound
- groan, home, bone and open all have a different way of making the /oa/ sound
- each, sweet, these and belief all have a different way of making the /ee/ sound
- grew, blue, moon and tube all have different ways of making the /oo/ sound
In maths we have completed our block on Addition and Subtraction. Next week we will be learning about shape.
The children have enjoyed pretending to be the lion in our ‘Katie in London’ book to write diary entries. They have written in the first person and tried really hard to spell new words.
Please remember that PE is on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Have a restful weekend,
Mrs Dowell, Mrs Armstrong and Mrs Savory