Transition: 11 resources and courses worth sharing from Creative Education
Please click on the links below.
- Supporting Your Child When They’re Starting a New School (on-demand course)
- Ensuring a Smooth Transition in the Year of Covid (on-demand course)
- Free PSHE resources offered to help support transition (News article, inc resource link)
- Effective transition for year 7 pupils (SecEd podcast with input from 4 schools)
- 12 tips for a smooth year 6 to 7 transition (SecEd knowledge bank)
- SEND: Make Transitions Work for Every Student (on-demand course)
- Transition in a Remote and Virtual Context (Sharing practice webinar replay)
- Find Your Feet: Transitions Activity for Year 7 Pupils (PDF from YoungMinds)
- BBC Bitesize videos about starting secondary school (video collection for students)
- Year 6 Secondary Transition Activity Idea Pack (Twinkl teaching resource)
- 6 Tips for starting a new class (poster by my daughter which I think is brilliant #Biased)
Everything we’ve listed is either free to access or can be accessed via a free trial. Please pass this email on to anyone who may find it helpful.
Thank you for all you’re doing. I hope these resources are helpful.
Dr P Knightsmith