Initially, children will be invited to change their books once a week. This is to facilitate the quarantine arrangements for books being returned to school.
Returned books will need to be quarantined for 72 hours before being put back into school circulation.
All pupils will have a designated reading book and a further ‘free choice’ book for them to share at home. Their chosen book may be below or above their reading ability – we want to encourage reading and sharing books for pleasure. Always include this in their Reading Record, it all counts!
The following timetable has been composed to limit the possibility of classes coming into close contact with each other.
Beech – Monday
Chestnut – Wednesday
Elm – Tuesday
Hazel – Monday
Sycamore – Tuesday
Oak – Wednesday
Willow – Monday
Please take this opportunity to make sure your child is completely fluent when reading their book.
- Can they read the whole page without any sounding out?
- Do they know how to read to the punctuation?
- Are they using expression to engage the listener?
- What is the problem in the story? (fiction)
- How do the characters’ feelings and emotions change? (fiction)
- Do they understand the meaning of new words?
Beech, Chestnut and Elm class will have access to ‘Phonics Bug Club’ eBooks – details to follow.